Sometimes I get so overwhelmed by my God and how great He is! It seems that no matter what is going on in my life, He is able to give me an overwhelming peace when I take the time to ask Him.
The other day I was doing my devotions when I ran across two verses in Mark that really summed up how powerful Christ is:
"And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that you have no faith? And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?" Mark 4:40-41
Wow! How amazing is it that the God that I am privileged to serve is so powerful that even the wind and sea obey Him?? How dare I doubt Him. How dare I question His plan for me and think that I know better.
What is even more amazing, though, is that even though He is all-powerful, He loves me. Me? A vile and wicked sinner? Yes, me. And yes, you! I cannot fathom anything better than knowing that I have a Friend and a Savior that loves me so much He died for me. How blessed I am.
"When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory, And I realize just how beautiful You are, And how great Your affections are for me. Oh how He loves!! Yeah, He loves us, Oh how He loves us!"
No comments:
Post a Comment