Sunday, June 26, 2011

Princess?

As I was talking to my host dad tonight, we started discussing the fact that we are royalty. I may not be Princess Kasie of England, but I am the daughter of the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords! So ofter we see ourselves as servants of God, and we should be. But we are more than that! If you have accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, you are royalty.
When we were little, many of us would dress up or pretend that we are princesses, but we neglect to think of the fact that being royal means you have a lot of responsibility. It's not only the glam and fame that we see on television. They have to make real choices; HARD choices. They have a real, hard task to accomplish.
So often we think of ourselves either as royalty or as a servant, when in reality we are both. See, what makes a great leader or member of a royal family is someone who is willing to put others above themselves. Someone that desires to give; is able to submit. In other words, someone who knows how to be a servant. We have real, hard choices and tasks that we must face everyday.
It's amazing how one conversation can cause you to realize so much! I hope this was as much of an encouragment to you as it was to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment